How to File a Citizen’s Criminal Complaint

For a police officer to write a citation for a Class C Offense, the offense must occur in the officer’s presence. There are a few exceptions to this rule.

However, a citizen may file a complaint with the Lavon Municipal Court against another citizen. A few examples when this would be used are: ongoing barking dogs, parking complaints, some other City Ordinance Violations.

Some City Ordinances require a duration of time the problem must persist before a complaint can be filed.

If you wish to file a complaint, you may click on the form below, fax it to 972-843-0945 or bring it to the Lavon Municipal Court at 501 Lincoln Ave, Lavon, Texas 75166. For questions, please contact the Lavon Municipal Court at 972-843-4219.

Download to file a complaint