Welcome to City Hall
Nestled along the southeastern shore of Lake Lavon, the City of Lavon is a community of over 3,000 residents who enjoy the friendliness of a small town combined with the benefits of living near an exciting metro area. The City of Lavon’s growing parks and trail system, planned capital improvements, pursuit of quality retail and commercial businesses and commitment to service contribute to the outstanding quality of life our residents appreciate. Your friends at City Hall are eager to serve you!
The Mayor, City Council and staff are committed to making your city government open, available and accessible to you. If we can be of assistance, please let me know. Your comments, suggestions, and input are always welcome.
The City of Lavon employs a professional and friendly staff dedicated to working for you.
Kim Dobbs, City Administrator | City Secretary
The City Administrator | City Secretary’s office is responsible for:
- Implementing City Council policy
- Directing departments and the City’s administrative functions
- Providing day-to-day leadership in policy development and implementation
- Assuring an efficient and equitable delivery of City services
- Initiating and developing short and long-term special projects
- Overseeing the annual budget process
- Managing the City’s inter-governmental relations and public information functions
- Coordinating land use functions and economic development projects
- Serving as the Elections Administrator
- Serving as the Treasurer
- Providing public information in accordance with state law
As custodian of the City’s records, the City Administrator | City Secretary’s office provides notice of and records the proceedings of the City Council, Planning and Zoning Commission and other boards and commissions.
City of Lavon Code of Ordinances
The City of Lavon Code of Ordinances is available at the Franklin Legal website accessed via the link below. Once at the site, select the desired area from the tree menu on the left or enter key search words in the search box.
Link to Franklin Legal (Coming Soon) – Code of Ordinances.
The City’s ordinances are periodically codified. The following is a list of ordinances that have been approved but not yet codified:
The Code of Ordinances is updated through ___________.
MINUTES AND AGENDAS AT A GLANCE
Conflict of Interest
Conflict of Interest Questionnaire
Public Information Procedures
Guideline for requesting copies of public information
Volunteer to be appointed to serve on City Boards and Commissions
Landowner Bill of Rights
Landowner Bill of Rights Document